Advertisement Idea

If you are reading this, you'll probably thinking why is a photography student babbling on about perfume bottles, but all will become clear, later on in this post.

Okay, so back in the day I was obsessed with collecting perfume bottles and today I had to do a massive clear out. I came across my favourite perfume of ALL time, which is about 7 years old now. I haven't been able to bring myself to finish the bottle as the perfume has been discontinued and it's pretty had to come by these days. Although you have the obvious eBay, the scent doesn't last as long as the originals I use to by from the fragrance shop, duty free and boots etc. Additionally, they have now changed the bottle from the cute figurines into a cylinder with a sticker on the front, which in my opinion is just wrong! This particular perfume collection I am on about is the Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stafani (below). 
My personal favourite was the 'G' coconut flavour scent. Now I'm not normally a big fan of coconut (apart from the occasional Pina colada) however, this was has always been and most probably will be my favourite ever floral/sweet scent.

Before

Don't get me wrong Esacade's perfumes are a good replacement, but this particular perfume had a hint of sweet and floral/fresh scent, in comparison to over powering or ones, which you can find in newer models today. 

After


Anyway I digress, as I am trying to get myself more motivated back into photography, I thought what better way then to get back into the swing of things than by concentrating on something I enjoy doing (portraiture, creating ideas and posters). 

For my A Level Media, I had to create a magazine advertisement (granted this particular one was for a music video). Although they are slightly different I thoroughly enjoyed this task and thought why not try to recreate the Harajuku Lovers poster. 

The original advertisement

When I saw the original piece, this instantly reminded of my fiends I have on Instagram who has modelled for me in the past. She is extremely photogenic and I think will pull off this look extremely well. 






I have asked her permission and she seems to be up for doing a shoot, so all systems are go. All that is left to do now is to possibly order some last minute bottles from eBay (to use as props) and organise a time and date. This shoot may be another couple of weeks yet as I know she is on holiday soon, but see what I can do. So keep an eye of for this one guys, should be good! :')


Comments

Popular Posts